Fish tacos are a tasty treat, easy to make and adaptable to a wide variety of personal preferences. This recipe takes a healthy slant using an exciting new Moroccan super spice called cHarissa™. Organic and sugar-free, cHarissa™ has a terrific flavor that melds with fish, venison and other game without overpowering the true taste of your catch. Available in hot or mild, you can purchase both the dry rub and condiment versions at the outdoortom.com store.
3 tbs. balsamic vinegar
6 tbs. olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
½ head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
1 lb. white-fleshed fish (striper, cod, etc.)
2 tbs. cHarissa™ dry rub, mild or hot
1/3 cup chicken broth or water
4 whole wheat tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add balsamic vinegar, 3 tbs. olive oil, salt and pepper to red cabbage and onion slices. Toss and set aside.
- Cut fish into four equal, rectangular portions.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle cHarissa™ evenly over fish then press spice firmly into each portion.
- Use medium-high heat to warm remaining olive oil in an oven-safe skillet or cast iron pan. Add fish and sear on one side.
- Flip the fish and add chicken broth or water.
- Place pan with fish in pre-heated oven.
- Cook fish for 8 minutes or until white and easily flaked. Drizzle with lime.
- Place one fish portion on each pre-warmed tortilla. Add cabbage, guacamole and sour cream to taste. Serve with a green salad and side of dirty rice. Delicious!
By Tom Schlichter
Use the LIKE button below to get notifications about new articles in your Facebook news feed!